It is a dog eat dog world and getting a job has never been more difficult. With thousands of graduates and only a few hundred job openings, it tends to get brutal. Job hunting is not easy, looking up postings for Pakistani jobs, sending multiple resumes day after day only to be rejected or not even given a response in a lot of cases is draining. A lot of people don’t even make it past the first phase of job applications. So, if after a lot of trying your resume finally gets accepted and you get a call for an interview, you might think that you are in the safe zone, well you are not.
A lot of people apply for a single job posting out of which a select few are called in for interviews and then just one candidate gets selected. You want to make sure that you make the best impression once you step into that interview room. So, you can keep reading the guide below to make sure that you are ready for your interview.
- Carry a folder containing your resume and other notable certifications in a neat manner. You do not want to come across as messy or disorganized.
- Make sure to look up information on the company you have applied for. Familiarize yourself with their mission statement, goals, what they normally do and other such information. This makes it look like you did your homework and that you know what are getting into.
- Interviewers are looking for candidates that are actually interested about where they are applying and will catch on if you appear uninterested in the job itself.
- Make sure to be on time, in fact arrive a little earlier as well.
- Make sure you are appropriately dressed and don’t forget to smile.